Broomfield Swim and Tennis Club (BSTC) offers its members 6 lighted outdoor courts and a wide variety of tennis programs and activities for tennis players of all ages and abilities including: leagues, clinics, group and private lessons, and club tennis socials. Supporting one of the largest adult and junior league programs in the state, our club organized teams participate in USTA, CTA, and Junior Team Tennis Leagues. Every member of BSTC has the opportunity to participate in a league program, and everyone is encouraged to play at their appropriate NTRP level. If you’ve never played in an organized tennis league, there’s no need to be shy. Leagues range from social to highly competitive depending on skill level and team makeup, but the number one goal for everyone is to have fun and enjoy playing tennis with other tennis enthusiasts.
Througout the summer, BSTC tennis clinics are run regularly by qualified Tennis instructors who put participants through a wide range of drills designed to improve their tennis game in a casual and social atmosphere, all while getting a great workout. There’s almost certainly a clinic or two a week that will fit into your schedule and all members are encouraged to drop in and check out the action.
BSTC tennis instructors offer affordable tennis lessons to both member and non-member individuals and groups. Check out our Tennis Staff page for more information.
BSTC ONLINE COURT RESERVATIONS
- Members may reserve courts by logging on through the Login button and using the link to reserve courts. Please visit our Registration page for questions on logging in.
- Courts 1 – 6 will be available for members in good standing to reserve for 30 minute increments for max of 90 minutes at a time (30, 60 or 90 minutes). Our League Coordinator can book for more time – usually 120 minutes for practices and matches. Courts for leagues and team practices will be blocked out.
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance. Members are limited to two reservations each 7 days. Reservations can be made starting at 7 a.m. Each family member registered on the system may make reservations. The person booking the reservation should be the person who plays.
- Members should cancel their reservation up to and including the day before the court is reserved.
- Walk up play time is limited to 90 minutes.
- Scheduled league matches take priority and may be played to conclusion. If you have a court reserved and a league match is finishing, please be patient.
- Tennis staff can reserve groups of courts for practices, leagues, group clinics, juniors, etc, but they must reserve them prior to the courts being open for members to reserve (i.e. they must reserve more than 7 days in advance if they need more than one court at a time). They can also book available courts, same as members, for lessons, but cannot override a member’s existing reservation.
SIGN UP IN ADVANCE – SPOTS FILL UP FAST!!***
Our pros will provide a fun group atmosphere with many helpful hints on how to improve your game. There will be lots of point play with a variety of games to enhance stroke development, court positioning, decision making, and how to win strategy. Positive coaching and constant mobility will get your sweat on while having a blast!
Cost: $15 member/$20 nonmember per class. Pay as you go – you must sign up class by class. Please visit the Registration page for details on how to create your access to our system prior to registering for any lessons.
Drills/Clinics run through October 28th.
- 2.5/3.0 Co-Ed Drills Saturdays 9-10:30am SIGN UP
- 3.5 Co-Ed Drills Saturdays 10:30am-Noon SIGN UP
- 4.0+ Co-Ed Drills Saturdays Noon-1:30pm SIGN UP
- 3.0/3.5 Ladies Drills Mondays 6-7:30 pm SIGN UP
- Beginner Coed Drills Mondays 7:30-8:30 pm SIGN UP
- 4.0 Co-Ed Drills Tuesdays 6-7:30 pm SIGN UP
- 3.5 Mens Drills Wednesday 6-7:30 pm SIGN UP
- 3.0 Ladies Drills Thursdays 9:30-11 am SIGN UP
- 3.5-4.0 Ladies Drills Thursdays 11am-12:30 pm SIGN UP
- 3.0-4.0 Mens Drills Thursdays 8-9 pm SIGN UP
- 4.0+ Ladies Drills Fridays 12:30 – 2:00 pm SIGN UP
We offer a variety of tennis programs for the junior tennis players. To determine the best fit for your family, see the details below. Please reference our Registration page for information on logging in to our system prior to signing up for any programs.
LATE SUMMER 2017
All of our summer programs have concluded. We are working on an after school program for our juniors as we head into Fall, so please check back for our offerings!
- Real matches, fun, and camaraderie with teammates and opponents from area clubs
- Develop competitive skills from drilling and game based practices
- Teams for all levels of competitive experience
- Teams will be formed by Director of Tennis and Pro Staff
- Must be able to serve and keep score
- Practices start June 6th
- Matches: Mondays June 12th to July 24th
- Championships: Aug 4th-6th
Registration: Registration for JTT has closed for the 2017 season. There are a few available spots, depending on the participant’s age and skill level. Please contact Devin VanTreeck at 720-296-0058 to see if we can accommodate your player.
Please visit the Registration page for details on how to create your access to our system prior to registering for any lessons.
Cost: Member $180/Non-member $270
Monday Match Times:
- 8:00am = 10 & under (Girls & Boys)
- 10:00am = 12 & under (Girls & Boys)
- 12:00pm = 14 & under (Girls & Boys)
- 2:00pm = 18 & under (Girls & Boys)
- Start June 6th
- Boys/Girls – U10, U12 — Tuesdays & Thursdays 1:00 – 2:30
- Boys/Girls – U14 — Tuesdays & Thursdays 2:30 – 4:00
- Boys/Girls – U18 — Wednesdays and Fridays 2:00 – 3:30
- Note: No Practice Will be held July 5th – July 8th
We will hold a JTT level assessment day on Friday June 2nd. Prospective players should come at the following times:
- U10 = 10am-11am
- U12 = 11am-Noon
- U14 and U18 = Noon-1pm
BSTC is has the seventh largest league participation in the state of Colorado! We offer a variety of USTA Women’s, Men’s and Mixed Doubles leagues. To the high demand for our league teams, only members are eligible to participate on BSTC adult leagues. Exceptions are granted by our Tennis Director in rare cases where we need to recruit non-members in order to have enough players at a given level to field a complete team (mainly at the 4.5 level.)
Please visit the Registration page for details on how to create your access to our system prior to registering.
Important Information About Adult Leagues
- The deadline to register for the first round of USTA leagues is February 19, 2018.
- Only BSTC members are allowed to participate.
- Members are expected to play at level. Requests to play up a level must come through the team captain and be approved by the Tennis Director.
- Information on the days and times each league plays, match formats, etc. can be found at the links below. Please review this information before registering.
- Please read the 2018 Adult Tennis League Policies document, located here before registering.
- League fees are $50 per individual for unlimited league participation. You will be charged $50 when you register. If you only play one league during the summer, the fee will be reduced to $25 and you may request a refund through the league coordinator, Kelly Horace.
- If you have a formed team, please email your list to Kelly Horace at email@example.com. Please feel free to contact her with any questions you may have.
- We will be offering the following leagues in 2018:
USTA Mixed 18 and OverUSTA Adult 18 and OverUSTA Adult 55 Years and OverCTA Women’s Daytime DoublesUSTA Mixed 40 Years and OverCTA Adult 18-39 YearsUSTA Adult 40 Years and OverCTA Women’s 2.5 18 and OverITA Mixed DoublesCTA Women’s Summer DaytimeCTA Twilight
For the detailed CTA Schedule of Match Days and Times: Click here
For the CTA Calendar and Deadlines: Click Here
BSTC ADULT TENNIS LEAGUE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES- 2018
A Team for Everyone. Best efforts will be made to ensure that every member who submits a registration form by the deadline will get to play on a BSTC team. On occasion, this may not be possible (e.g. if 20 women but only 4 men sign up for a mixed doubles team.)
League play at home courts. There are 6 locations used for BSTC home league matches: BSTC, Broomfield High School, Broomfield City Courts, Northmoor, Wildgrass and Depot Hill. League administration will make best effort to provide each team with an equal number of home league matches at BSTC courts.
NTRP level practice times. Specific NTRP levels have scheduled practice times and are listed on the BSTC website under tennis calendar. Any BSTC member may practice at the designated time for their NTRP level.
Equal playing time during regular league play. Captains shall give each player a relatively equal number of playing opportunities during league play based on availability of all players. Players with limited availability may receive limited play.
Play may not be equal among players during playoffs. Playoff rosters will be determined by captains who may decide to schedule the players with the best records and offer the best chance for team wins. Captains are encouraged to consult with the Tennis Director for playoff scheduling.
Player preferences in scheduling. Weekly league play will be determined by captains, who shall take into account player availability, partner preferences, side preferences and singles v. doubles preferences.
Your input is valuable and welcome. In the fall BSTC members will be sent a survey about their tennis league experience and captain performance to provide input to the BSTC Board, Tennis Director and Adult League Coordinator for future selection of captains and league management. Anytime throughout the year you may also email questions and concerns to BSTC.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ultimate authority over team formation. The Tennis Director will have oversight of and is responsible for team formation, with the assistance of the BSTC Tennis Committee and the Adult League Coordinator. Any questions regarding team formation should be directed to Tennis Director or emailed to BSTC.email@example.com.
Playing at NTRP level. Absent extraordinary circumstances and approval of the Tennis Director, all players shall play at their assigned USTA rating level.
League Registration. In January after the CTA calendar is published, league registration forms will be available on the BSTC website. Deadline to turn in BSTC registration forms is generally the second week of February. A cut-off date of 3/15 may be enforced for adding new players to a team, with exceptions made only by the Tennis Director.
Individuals forming their own league teams. All players are encouraged to form their own league teams. Players who want to play on the same team should have one person from their group submit a list of players up to the maximum for that league to the BSTC tennis email (BSTC.firstname.lastname@example.org) by the submission deadline. All players must agree to be on the team and still must submit their individual BSTC registration form. Maximum number of selected teammates for each league vary and are: USTA Adult, 2.5 only: 7 players; All other USTA Adult: 10 players; Mixed Leagues: 8 people; Daytime Doubles: 8 players; Summer Daytime: 7 players and Twilight: 7 players.
Team Formation Process: In January, the Club will distribute to the Club membership a list of all players by level and the projected number of captains needed at each level, along with the Tennis Registration form. The Tennis Director and Adult League Coordinator will select captains, who will meet to start forming teams and will use Tennis Registration forms to develop rosters. Captains will be invited to a mandatory training meeting and to have the opportunity to further meet with other captains at their level. Captains will not make any commitments to players until the second captains’ meeting is concluded and the Tennis Director and/or Adult League Coordinator have finalized teams.
Players may be added to already formed teams. To create a numerical balance for each team, it may be necessary to add players to already formed teams. These determinations will be made in consultation with the affected captains. All players who want to play league will be placed on a BSTC team with a possible exception noted above.
Nonmember players. Nonmembers will be invited to play on BSTC teams only when needed to fill out a team and when approved by the Tennis Committee and the Tennis Director or Adult League Coordinator. Nonmembers must pay a nonmember fee of $50 per league and may only use BSTC facilities for league play and scheduled team practices.
BSTC may not offer teams for all USTA and CTA leagues. Due to limited court availability the BSTC will offer leagues that allow the maximum number of members an opportunity to play. Member interest may also affect league offerings.
In order to offset the costs of adult league administration and additional court rentals, a league fee of $25 per individual for one league, or $50 per individual for unlimited league participation, must be included with your league registration form.
Tennis Director and Head Pro
Tom has played and coached players of all ages and ability levels over 25 years and across the world. His approach towards tennis is anchored on a solid foundation of basic skills & techniques, individualized game-styles, and a focus on competitive development as an athlete. Tom’s coaching and consulting background include:
- Senior Tennis Director of both the Life Time’s – Colorado Springs and Flatirons Clubs
- Owner/Director of Summit Tennis with locations in Arvada and Broomfield
- University of Colorado Head Coach – 12 years
- Owner/Director of CU Tennis Camps & Clinics – 8 years
- Coached 31 Big 8 and Big XII All-Conference Players
- Big XII Conference Coach of the Year
- NCAA Central Region Coach of the Year
- Worked with over 400 top professional tennis players, including more than 35 current or former Grand Slam Champions on behalf of Babolat, Prince and PACIFIC tennis brands
As a player, Tom was a nationally ranked collegiate player. He played professional club tennis in Germany and Switzerland for 2 years. His best wins include beating David McPherson (ATP top 10 doubles player at the time) in singles and doubles in a German league match.
Away from the courts, Tom enjoys skiing, biking and spending time with his family.