Broomfield Swim and Tennis Club (BSTC) offers its members 6 lighted outdoor courts and a wide variety of tennis programs and activities for tennis players of all ages and abilities including: leagues, clinics, group and private lessons, and club tennis socials. Supporting one of the largest adult and junior league programs in the state, our club organized teams participate in USTA, CTA, and Junior Team Tennis Leagues. Every member of BSTC has the opportunity to participate in a league program, and everyone is encouraged to play at their appropriate NTRP level. If you’ve never played in an organized tennis league, there’s no need to be shy. Leagues range from social to highly competitive depending on skill level and team makeup, but the number one goal for everyone is to have fun and enjoy playing tennis with other tennis enthusiasts.
Througout the summer, BSTC tennis clinics are run regularly by qualified Tennis instructors who put participants through a wide range of drills designed to improve their tennis game in a casual and social atmosphere, all while getting a great workout. There’s almost certainly a clinic or two a week that will fit into your schedule and all members are encouraged to drop in and check out the action.
BSTC tennis instructors offer affordable tennis lessons to both member and non-member individuals and groups. Check out our Tennis Staff page for more information.
BSTC ONLINE COURT RESERVATIONS
- Members may reserve courts by logging on through the Login button and using the link to reserve courts. Please visit our Registration page for questions on logging in.
- Courts 1 – 6 will be available for members in good standing to reserve for 30 minute increments for max of 90 minutes at a time (30, 60 or 90 minutes). Our League Coordinator can book for more time – usually 120 minutes for practices and matches. Courts for leagues and team practices will be blocked out.
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance. Members are limited to two reservations each 7 days. Reservations can be made starting at 7 a.m. Each family member registered on the system may make reservations. The person booking the reservation should be the person who plays.
- Members should cancel their reservation up to and including the day before the court is reserved.
- Walk up play time is limited to 90 minutes.
- Scheduled league matches take priority and may be played to conclusion. If you have a court reserved and a league match is finishing, please be patient.
- Tennis staff can reserve groups of courts for practices, leagues, group clinics, juniors, etc, but they must reserve them prior to the courts being open for members to reserve (i.e. they must reserve more than 7 days in advance if they need more than one court at a time). They can also book available courts, same as members, for lessons, but cannot override a member’s existing reservation.
BSTC is has the seventh largest league participation in the state of Colorado! We offer a variety of USTA Women’s, Men’s and Mixed Doubles leagues. To the high demand for our league teams, only members are eligible to participate on BSTC adult leagues. Exceptions are granted by our Tennis Director in rare cases where we need to recruit non-members in order to have enough players at a given level to field a complete team (mainly at the 4.5 level), although in no cases are members allowed to play as nonmembers in the first year after dropping an active membership.
Please visit the Registration page for details on how to create your access to our system prior to registering.
Important Information About Adult Leagues
- The deadline to register for the first round of USTA leagues is February 18, 2019. Please see the appropriate registration deadlines for each league below.
- Only BSTC members are allowed to participate.
- Members are expected to play at level. Requests to play up a level must come through the team captain and be approved by the Tennis Director.
- Information on the days and times each league plays, match formats, etc. can be found at the links below. Please review this information before registering.
- Please read the 2019 Adult Tennis League Policies document, located here before registering.
- League fees are $50 per individual for unlimited league participation. You will be charged $50 when you register. If you only play one league during the summer, the fee will be reduced to $25 and you may request a refund through the league coordinator, Kelly Horace.
- If you have a formed team, please email your list to Cindi Burchell at email@example.com. Please feel free to contact her with any questions you may have.
- We will be offering the following leagues in 2019. BSTC registration deadlines are also noted:
USTA Mixed 18 and Over February 18, 2019USTA Adult 18 and Over February 25, 2019USTA Adult 55 Years and Over March 15, 2019CTA Women’s Daytime Doubles March 15, 2019USTA Mixed 40 Years and Over April 12, 2019CTA Adult 18-39 Years April 12, 2019USTA Adult 40 Years and Over April 12, 2019CTA Women’s 2.5 18 and Over April 12, 2019ITA Mixed Doubles May 17, 2019CTA Adult 65 Years and Over May 24, 2019CTA Women’s Summer Daytime May 24, 2019CTA Twilight May 31, 2019
For the CTA Calendar and Deadlines: CTA 2019 Deadlines
BSTC ADULT TENNIS LEAGUE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES 2019
A Team for Everyone: Best efforts will be made to ensure that every member who registers for a league by the deadline will play on a BSTC team. On occasion, this may not be possible (e.g. if 20 women but only 4 men sign up for a mixed doubles team).
League play at home courts: Several locations are used for BSTC home league matches, including BSTC, Broomfield High School, Broomfield city courts, Northmoor and Depot Hill. League administration will make every effort to give each team an equal number of home matches at BSTC courts.
NTRP level practice times: Each NTRP level by gender will have scheduled practice times on Saturdays beginning in the spring and continuing throughout the season, depending on participation. Any BSTC member may practice at the designated time for their NTRP level.
Playing time: Captains are expected to give all players a relatively equal number of playing opportunities during each season, based on availability. Players with limited availability may get limited play. Weekly match play will be determined by the captains, who will also take into account partner preferences and singles/doubles preferences. Playing time may not be equal among players during playoffs. Playoff rosters will be determined by captains who may schedule the players with the best records in order to give the team the best chance for wins. Captains are encouraged to consult with the Tennis Director for playoff scheduling.
Member feedback: Your input is valuable and welcome. Each fall, BSTC members are sent a survey to provide input about their tennis league experience to the BSTC Board, Tennis Director and Adult League Coordinator. This feedback drives improvement goals for the following season. You may email questions and concerns anytime during the year to BSTC.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Formation and Management
Playing at NTRP level: Every player shall play at their assigned USTA rating level, absent special circumstances and approval of the Tennis Director.
League Registration: After the CTA calendar is published in January, information and deadlines for league registration will be emailed to the membership and posted on the website.
Forming league teams: Players are encouraged to form their own league teams. Individuals who want to play on the same team can have one person from their group submit a list of players to BSTC.email@example.com by the registration deadline. All players must still submit their own individual BSTC registration.
The maximum roster submission is as follows:
USTA Adult W2.5 only 7 players
All other USTA Adult 10 players
Mixed Leagues 8 players
Daytime Doubles 8 players
Summer Daytime 7 players
Twilight 7 players
>>> This process is not required to be placed on a team. <<<
Team Formation Process: Immediately following the registration deadline for each league, the Tennis Director and Adult League Coordinator will determine the number of teams needed at each level and confirm captains and co-captains for each team. The captains will meet by level to form teams and develop rosters using the registration lists. There will be a captains meeting to review policies and procedures, discuss new CTA rules, finalize the rosters and get USTA team numbers.
With approval from the Tennis Director and Adult League Coordinator, players may be added to existing teams in certain situations, e.g. to allow a new club member to play, create numerical balance for each team, replace an injured player, etc. These determinations will be made in consultation with the affected captains.
Leagues offered: BSTC may not offer teams for every USTA or CTA league due to court availability and/or lack of member interest.
League Fee: In order to offset the costs of adult league administration and additional court rentals, a league fee of $50 per player will be charged at registration for unlimited league participation. If a player is only on one team during the season, a $25 refund will be given in the fall.
Non-member players: Non-members will be invited to play on BSTC teams only when needed to fill out a team and with approval by the Tennis Director and Adult League Coordinator. Non-members must pay a fee of $50 per league and may only use BSTC facilities for league play and scheduled team practices. Under no circumstances is an individual allowed to play as a non-member in the first year following dropping an active membership.
SUMMER SESSIONS BEGIN MAY 29TH and run through JULY 31ST. (A few classes begin the week of June 4th due to league conflicts.) All sessions are Co-Ed unless otherwise noted. You must sign up class by class. Please reference our Registration page for information on logging in prior to signing up for any classes.
We offer a variety of sessions including Drills, Instructional Clinics, Cardio Tennis, and Adult Challenge Court Play.
DRILLS: Drills sessions are fast-paced, high energy sessions which utilized a combination of ball-fed, structured rally, and live-ball drills. The emphasis is on repetition and movement. Expect a lot of fun, a good workout and feeling good about your tennis by the end of each session. Limit 8 per class.
Cost: $17 member/$22 nonmember per class.
- 3.5+ Drills Mondays 9-10:30am SIGN UP
- 3.0+ Drills Mondays 10:30-Noon SIGN UP
- 4.0+ Drills Mondays Noon-1:30pm SIGN UP
- 3.5+Drills Mondays 7:30-9:00pm SIGN UP
- 2.5/3.0 Drills Tuesdays 9-10:30am SIGN UP
- 4.0+ Drills Tuesdays 10:30am-Noon SIGN UP
- 3.5+ Drills Tuesdays Noon-1:30pm SIGN UP
- 3.0+ Drills Tuesdays 7:30-9:00pm SIGN UP
- 4.0+ Drills Wednesdays 9-10:30am SIGN UP
- 3.5+ Drills Wednesdays 10:30am-Noon SIGN UP
- 4.0+ Drills Wednesdays 7:30-9:00pm SIGN UP
- 3.5/4.0 Drills Thursdays 10:30 – Noon SIGN UP
- 2.5/3.0 Drills Thursdays 7:30-9:00pm SIGN UP
- 3.5+ Drills Fridays 9-10:30am SIGN UP
- 4.0+ Drills Fridays 10:30 – Noon SIGN UP
- 2.5/3.0 Drills Saturdays 8-9:30am SIGN UP
- 3.5+ Drills Saturdays 9:30-11am SIGN UP
- 4.0+ Drills Saturdays 11:00am-12:30pm SIGN UP
INSTRUCTIONAL CLINICS: These clinics include 1) Quality fundamental stroke mechanics upon which you can develop unlimited racquet skills in the future; 2) Fundamentally sound singles and doubles strategies for all game-styles. This allows you to establish a style that works best for you and to read your opponent more effectively; 3) Proper movement to efficiently and effectively cover your court. Limit 6 per class.
Cost: $15 member/$20 nonmember per class
Tennis 101: This is a combination of instructional clinics and and drills classes for 2.5 beginners.
- 2.5+ Tennis 101 Mondays 8:00-9.00am SIGN UP
- 2.5+ Tennis 101 Wednesdays 9:30-10:30am SIGN UP
- 2.5+ Tennis 101 Fridays 8:00-9:00am SIGN UP
We offer a variety of tennis programs for the junior tennis player. To determine the best fit for your family, see the details below. All sessions are co-ed unless otherwise noted. Please reference our Registration page for information on logging in to our system prior to signing up for any program.
Spring classes are now available for registration and will begin April 1st! All of our junior programs are 8 weeks sessions. Classes have a 6:1 player to coach ratio. Players will receive makeup credit if a session is cancelled due to weather. For the days and time each class is offered, please click here: Spring Class Days & Times
We offer a variety of sessions for all ages. The programs include Red Ball Pre-Rally (age 5 & Under), Red Development (age 8 & Under), Orange Development (age 11 & Under), and Green Development (age 12 & Under). Our 13-18 Teen Training programs include Futures, Challengers and Champions (All ages 13+).
RED DEVELOPMENT PRE-RALLY: For new tennis players ages 5 and under. Play takes place on a 36-foot court with a red ball, foam ball, and balloons. The program is designed to use game-based activities to develop the competencies needed for young players to learn to rally and play the game of tennis as soon as possible.
RED DEVELOPMENT: For players aged 8 and under. Play takes place on a 36-foot court with a red ball. Serve, Rally, Score, playing TENNIS is the priority! Build athletic skills that will promote rally skills through game-based activities. Introduce technical stroke development. Play takes place on a 36-foot court with a red ball.
ORANGE DEVELOPMENT: For players aged 10 and under. Play takes place on a 60-foot court with a orange ball. Priority for Orange Development continues with Serve, Rally, Score. Playing the game of tennis! Players will continue to develop their athletic skills. The curriculum will progress from rally skills to a focus on the five ball controls of tennis: 1. Depth/Distance 2. Height 3. Direction 4. Speed 5. Spin
GREEN DEVELOPMENT: For players aged 12 and under. Play takes place on the full 78-foot court with a green dot ball. Players will take the 5 ball controls of tennis learned in orange development and use them to develop their skills in the 5 game situations of tennis: 1. Serving 2. Returning 3. Both players back 4. Approaching the net 5. Hitting passing shots.
TEEN TRAINING FUTURES: For players aged 13 and up. Play takes place on a full 78-foot court primarily with the standard yellow ball. Program is to prepare players looking to make their high school team. Focus is on technical development and both singles and doubles tactical development.
TEEN TRAINING CHALLENGERS: For players aged 13 and up. Play takes place on a full 78-foot court with the standard yellow ball. Suitable for players who compete in USTA level 7 Challenger tournaments and up and players who have played for their JV team or Varsity Doubles. Focus is on technical development and both singles and doubles tactical development.
TEEN TRAINING CHAMPIONS: For players aged 13 and up. Play takes place on a full 78-foot court with the standard yellow ball. Suitable for players who compete in USTA Level 6 Championship level tournaments and up and for players who play Varsity singles or top doubles positions on state qualifying teams. Focus is on technical development and both singles and doubles tactical development.
For current rates and more information on private lessons and hitting sessions with any of our tennis staff, please click here: Private Lessons Info
To schedule, contact the pro directly.
Noah Sussman 720-930-5804
Eric Carlson 719-338-7504
Patrick Downs TBD
Spencer Wolff 720-347-1220 (After 5/15/19)
This team-oriented program is for the competitive players of all ages. Highlights include:
- Real matches, fun, and camaraderie with teammates and opponents from area clubs
- Develop competitive skills from drilling and game based practices
- Teams for all levels of competitive experience
- Must be able to serve and keep score
- Practices run June 3rd – July 19th
- Matches: Mondays June 10th through July 22nd
- Championships: August 2nd – 4th for teams that qualify
Registration Deadline is April 25, 2019!
Cost: Member $180/Non-member $270 (plus $31 USTA team registration fee collected separately by USTA.)
Fee includes practices, matches, team shirt and water bottle.
Monday Match Times:
- 8:00am = 10 & Under (Girls & Boys)
- 9:30am = 12 & Under (Girls & Boys)
- 11:00am = 14 & Under (Girls & Boys)
- 12:30pm = 18 & Under (Girls & Boys)
- Co-ed 10 & Under — Wednesday and Friday 2-3 pm
- Boys 12 & Under — Tuesday and Thursday 2-3 pm
- Girls 12 & Under — Wednesday and Friday 3-4 pm
- Boys 14 & Under — Tuesday and Thursday 3-4:15 pm
- Girls 14 & Under — Wednesday and Friday 4;15 -5:30 pm
- Boys 18 & Under — Tuesday and Thursday 4:15-5:30 pm
- Girls 18 & Under — Tuesday and Thursday 4:15-5:30 pm
Steps to Sign Up:
- Contact Noah Sussman, Director of Tennis, to set up a player evaluation or team recommendation. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-930-5804.
- Register and pay for BSTC Junior Team Tennis by clicking here: Register Online
- Enter your player availability for matches by clicking here: Availability
- Your team coordinator will send the team number once those have been established, at which point you will need to register for your specific team here: TennisLink
Tennis Director and Head Pro
We are thrilled to announce that Noah Sussman will be joining BSTC as our Tennis Director and Head Pro beginning with the 2019 season.
Noah can be reached at 720-930-5804 or email@example.com.
Eric can be reached at 719-338-7504.
Assistant Tennis Pro
Spencer has been a member at the Broomfield Swim Tennis Club for 9 years. He graduated from Broomfield High School in 2017- Go Eagles! During his time there, he played four years of varsity singles and qualified for the Colorado State Tennis tournament at 3rd, 2nd, and 1st singles. He has competed in many USTA tournaments at the state and Intermountain levels, playing alongside some of the best prep players in the state. He also played varsity Basketball for Broomfield. The Broomfield Swim and Tennis youth tennis program was the first influence on his tennis career. He is looking forward to sharing his experiences with the next generation of Broomfield tennis. Spencer is currently a sophomore at Butler University in Indianapolis, Indiana. He enjoys coaching, sports trivia, and works closely with the Special Olympics organization.
PLAYERS / CLASS LEVELS
2.0 – 2.5 Beginner: This player has played very little or no tennis. We will cover all the fundamental strokes, scoring, court positioning for singles and doubles with ball-fed drills. Upon completion, each player will be able to maintain a slow rally by the end of this class.
2.5 – 3.0 Advanced Beginner: This player has playing experience and some knowledge of strategies and positioning for singles and doubles. Topspin groundstrokes, volleys, overheads and serves will be covered with a combination of ball-fed drills and structured rally drills.
3.0 – 3.5 Intermediate: This player can maintain a rally from the baseline with basic sound stoke technique. We will introduce more advanced mechanics and strategies for each stroke to create more ball control, consistency and power. Ball-fed, structured rally, and live ball drills will be utilized.
3.5 – 4.0 Advanced Intermediate: This player can consistently maintain a rally with pace and has a more advanced knowledge of the game. Our focus will be on strengthening the player’s basic stroke mechanics and shot patterns as well as your approach and passing shots, drop shots, return of serve.
4.0 – 4.5 Advanced: This player has an overall understanding of the game and can hit fair amount of power, control and/or consistency. The drill class will give participants the opportunity to get a great tennis workout and lots shots. We utilize will be live ball, and strategy-based games with friendly competition. These are high energy, fast-paced clinics.