We currently have a waitlist for all membership types. There is a $100 nonrefundable waitlist fee to be placed on the waitlist. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application, Initiation Fees, Waitlist
Upon receipt of the application and fee, all prospective members will be placed on the waitlist and given a prospective member number. You will be e-mailed a link so you can check the list to view your position in the waitlist.
- Once you are granted membership, your application fee will be applied to your one-time initiation fee
Membership types and rates for 2023 are listed below. Please note that our Memberships run on a calendar year basis, so all Memberships must be renewed by February 1st each year regardless of when you join. Membership Dues and Initiation Fees are nonrefundable unless approved as an exception by the Board of Directors.
The Initiation Fee is required for a New Member or a former Member returning after a lapse in Membership.
- Single/Primary Membership. The designated Primary Member must be at least 21 years of age and assumes responsibility of the membership. The Primary Member can exercise the following rights: cancel the entire membership, change the Payment Method, add or subtract Additional Members, authorize Club users, correct or update membership information, obtain his or her own membership information, and make payments on the membership.
- Couple Membership. Primary Member and a spouse who live at the same address are considered Additional Members. A couple membership may require proof of cohabitation.
- Family Membership. A single or couple, plus any children under the age of 26 within your household. The primary or couple member must be the legal guardian and have the right and authority to make decisions concerning the care, and custody of the children.
- Grandparent Membership – Grandparent(s) and their grandchildren under the age of 19. Grandchildren may be biological, adopted or legal wards of their children. Parents of grandchildren are not included in the membership. Senior rates do not apply to this membership level.
- Senior Single Membership – Single/Primary member who is over the age of 65.
- Senior Couple Membership – Married couple who are both over the age of 65.
|Membership Type||Annual Dues||Initiation Fee|
|Single Senior – 65+||$400.00||$600.00|
|Senior Couple – both 65+||$650.00||$1000.00|
Membership Add Ons: (for Family memberships only)
- Caregiver – Family memberships can add child care providers to their membership for a season. A Caregiver, who is over the age of 18, may be added to a Family Membership. Caregiver can only visit while accompanying minor family members in their care.
- Extended Houseguest – Family memberships can add a houseguest to their membership. Houseguest must be staying in the member’s house. Example is an exchange student or visiting friend/relative. Does not include local friends or local extended family.
|Caregiver||$200.00/year per family
$50/ additional caregivers
|Extended Houseguest||$200.00/year per houseguest|
Equity Memberships: This is an optional membership allowing members to purchase ownership of a BSTC Share Certificate, which grants the shareholder voting rights and the opportunity for BSTC Board participation. Equity membership, when available, is a $100 one-time fee. To be added to the waitlist for equity memberships please email email@example.com
Membership Changes and Information. Subject to applicable restrictions, the Primary Member and other authorized Additional Members may make changes to or obtain information about the membership such as changing your Payment Method or Club Tab Account, or adding or removing members.
Option to Change, Convert or Resume a Membership. Without any obligation, and in its sole discretion, BSTC may afford you the option to change, convert, or resume any membership relationship you have, or may have had, with BSTC, subject to your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions in this Agreement or to the acceptance of new terms and conditions presented to you in a subsequent agreement or agreements, in addition to your agreement to the then-applicable Club Policies.
Membership Suspension or Termination. We permit you to hold, suspend or terminate your membership under certain circumstances, upon advanced notice.
- Placing Your Access Membership On-Hold Members who have maintained a club-access membership for at least 6 consecutive months may place their club access on hold for up to 4 months A $15 recurring monthly charge will be assessed to maintain a member’s Digital Membership during the period the member put their club access on hold. Please contact your club for further details. BSTC reserves the right to charge a one-time service fee when making the change to a membership status. Upon activation of center access, payment of the membership’s dues rate (at the time of access deactivation) for the remainder of the month in which club access is activated, plus any increases in dues, fees or costs associated with the membership that occurred during the access hold period will be due. To deactivate club access 30-day advanced notice is required.
- Membership Freeze. Your membership may be placed on a “Membership Freeze.” Under certain circumstances, we will freeze the portion of the membership affected by medical or military purposes only. To freeze your membership you must provide a statement from the treating physician or orders from a military service branch stating you are unable to use your membership. Upon receipt of this statement, the freeze period will be effective for a period of 90 days. After the freeze period, your membership or the portion of your membership that has been affected will automatically reactivate. To obtain a medical freeze for an additional period without reactivation, you must submit another statement from your treating physician prior to expiration of your initial freeze.
- In the event of major injury requiring 2 months or more of recovery, and at the discretion of Club Management, you may place your membership on a short-term injury hold. You may be asked to supply a note from your doctor. There is no fee to reactivate membership from an injury hold.
Membership Change Requests You may not change your membership during the calendar year. However, with advance notice and at the discretion of the general manager and/or Board of Directors a membership change may be granted due to the following
- a significant life situation (death, marriage, divorce, etc.)
Membership Suspension or Termination. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your membership, or any member on your membership, at any time, for any reason for a failure to comply with these or any of our other rules, regulations, procedures or policies, including those applying to guest privileges, staff directions, or for conduct we determine to be improper or contrary to our best interests or the best interest of our members, as determined by us at our sole discretion.
One-Day/Guest Membership provides general access only for one calendar day for family and friends of members. One-Day Memberships may be purchased for a single day or for multiple days, but cannot exceed 5 days per year per guest. The fee is $10.00 per guest per day.
Passes that are added to your membership account for the current calendar year, and must be used by December 31st. To redeem your guest passes, email the General Manager.
- Equity members receive 5 Guest Passes per year.
- Members who attend the annual meeting receive an additional 5 guest passes per year.
Center Closure or Access Restrictions. We reserve the right to close or restrict access, without advance notice, to any area of the club or premises for any reason, including but not limited to closures or restrictions related to construction, remodeling, repair, or maintenance (whether planned or unplanned) or for health or safety reasons, including but not limited to weather, natural disasters, power outages, infectious disease outbreak, pandemic or epidemic, and medical issues. Updates on such closures can be found on your club’s home page. Your obligation to pay membership Dues and/or Fees is not dependent upon usage, availability, or access to the club.
Payments and Fees
Payments can be made via the Member Portal. We currently accept Discover, Mastercard and VISA
OR mail a check to:
Broomfield Swim & Tennis Club
PO Box 63
Broomfield CO 80038
Membership payment terms
BSTC only offers annual (12-month) memberships which are effective January 1st through December 31st. Membership dues will be billed to all members on January 1st. New or existing members that wish to renew their annual membership agree to pay dues for the entire calendar year as well as the following terms:
- All membership dues payments are non-refundable
- If you choose to pay your annual dues on a monthly payment plan, monthly payments will be billed through December. If you prefer to pay your remaining balance in full, you can contact one of our staff members.
If you are granted membership from our waitlist mid-year, you will pay the set initiation fee and membership dues based on the following dates
- January 1st-April 30th—100% membership dues
- May 2nd-August 1st—50% membership dues
- August 2nd-December 31—25% membership dues
Our default payment method is one annual payment which is due February 1st. This amount will automatically renew from the payment account on file on February 7th. The bi-annual payment option would be due February 1st and April 1st. If you wish to pay your annual dues on a monthly payment schedule, your payment will be credited to the bank account on file on the 7th of every month. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to cancel, pay bi-annually or monthly.
- Dues Payments. We collect monthly membership dues, and other payments (for services or products) on the 7th of each month for certain products or services by electronic fund transfer from the designated bank account or credit or debit card on file. If we are unable to successfully draft payments from your Monthly Payment Method when due, we will continue to attempt collection thereafter of the subsequent week(s). BSTC may use services made available by card issuers which automatically update your card information and prevent disruptions due to account changes, such as an expired or reissued card. You may opt-out of this service at any time by contacting us. We are not responsible for overdraft fees. Your transaction history (including, but not limited to, recurring and non-recurring charges) may be found on Club Automation under “Billing Statements.” To establish your membership, you must provide a Monthly Payment Method. To change your designated dues-paying account, please contact our Membership Services Coordinator. Dues, fees, costs and other charges are subject to change at any time without notice, unless otherwise required by law.
- Club Tab/House Charge. Authorized members on a membership may purchase products and services using a payment account placed on file. Once an adult member designates a credit account, any additional member(s) authorized to use that account for purchases at any BSTC point of sale or online. Individual purchases are posted to the Club Tab Account as they occur, separate from membership dues. To start or stop Club Tab, or change your Club Tab Account or authorized members, please notify the GM or Membership Services Coordinator.
- Other Fees
- Late Payment: $10 per month
- Invalid Payment – Dishonored Check: $20
- Credit Card Surcharge: A credit card surcharge of 2.0% will be imposed on all credit card transactions which will be imposed in November. These fees will not greater than our cost of acceptance.
- Late Fee. YOU WILL BE CHARGED A $10 LATE FEE ON ANY PAYMENT AMOUNT (E.G., DUES, FEES OR OTHER CHARGES) ASSESSED IN ANY SINGLE MONTH THAT HAVE NOT BEEN PAID IN FULL DUE ON THE 7th OF EACH MONTH. WE WILL CHARGE A $10 LATE FEE ON THE 20TH OF EACH MONTH IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENT BEFORE THE 20TH OF THE MONTH. WE CHARGE SUCH MONTHLY LATE FEES FOR UP TO TWO (2) MONTHS WHILE YOUR MEMBERSHIP REMAINS IN EFFECT, AFTER WHICH YOUR MEMBERSHIP COULD BE TERMINATED FOR NON-PAYMENT.
- Invalid Payments. We accept various means of payment for our goods and services, including payment by check. IF A CHECK IS DISHONORED FOR INSUFFICIENT FUNDS OR ANY OTHER REASON, YOU WILL BE CHARGED A $20 FEE. IF YOU ARE A MEMBER, WE WILL ADD THE AMOUNT OF THE DISHONORED CHECK PLUS THE $20 FEE TO YOUR MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT BALANCE.
- Membership renewal guidelines- Must let us know by Jan 15th